Wednesday, March 28, 2007

1 Year...ALREADY!?!?!

Today marks our 1 year anniversary of delivering our adoption application to Children's Services! In other words the beginning of our adoption! It is so hard to believe we have been working towards our baby this long, and the long road still ahead.

Yesterday I received an email from our agency validating our fears; our wait time has increased by approx. 6 months. Larry & I kind of knew this in the backs of our minds but once I received the email, reality hit hard. Just when we get excited about having another month of waiting under our belts ... WHAM, we hit a brick wall. This was not the kind of news I wanted for my birthday. As most of you know though, this is a worst case scenario for us to use as a guideline. So for the months to come we will pray and prepare for our baby girl, and hope that the wait shortens.

On a happier note:
I had a nice day and received some wonderful gifts! I will post pictures this weekend. Larry and I are going to enjoy a relaxing evening watching 2 movies:


The Pursuit of Happiness


Happy Feet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I know the wait can seem endless, but on the days that really get you down.....just think, this could be the day that my daughter is born. Now who could be said on that day!!!! Every day takes you closer to your daughter regardless of how long the journey is!

I know it it easy to say but the wait will be worth it in the end. Don't believe anyone who says that you'll forget it when you have your child in your arms because you don't. This wait will make you better parents though.

All the best.