Saturday, June 02, 2007

Pleasantly Surprised

Let me just start of by saying how happy I was to see some new commenters!! Thanks!

Now, one to my main topic; my 4 wheeled, blue, hunk of junk…aka, my car.


Earlier this week as I was driving home from work I hit a bump (not that it is possible to avoid all 15,000 of them, lol) and when I did I herd something in the back of my car clunk…oh great I thought!

I called our mechanic the next day, he of course gave me the worst case synario of what could be wrong and how much it would cost, at this point my ears are burning, my eyes are tearing and my head is spinning! To make a long story short I was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED when we got the call to pick up my car! We ended up with the best case synario and instead of it costing around $600 it cost $125, YEAH! Good car, good car!
I am still anticipating purchasing a new vehicle which I was hoping would be early next year but it will probably be the end of next year or the beginning of 2009 because I want to have a nice new vehicle for when “Maggie” gets home.

We have been considering the Pontiac Vibe, if you have one of these or know anyone that owns one please leave me your thoughts in my comments. We haven’t even test driven one yet but we talked to someone in the parking lot at Wal-Mart that has one and he really seemed to like it. Ok, here's the story...One day we came out of Wal-Mart and I saw a nice red Vibe in the parking lot so I started peeking in the windows of the car and I got caught, so I had to tell him why I was looking in his car. I felt like an idiot but he was very nice and gave us his opinion of the car. Since talking to him we have been seriously thinking about this car but more information from Vibe owners would be great. Here is a picture for those of you who have not seen one.
How cute is this car?!?!?

2 comments:

4D said...

Cute wheels! Good deal on the repairs.

We are hoping our Hyundai Accent keeps going until Baby Girl is home.

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

thats a very cute car and rock on for saving some money..